Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

How to dry cotton tents?

I just want to know how people dry canvas tents when they come back from a camping trip?

I think I can put mine in the garage and put a heater in it to dry it (it works for my nylon tent). How do you usually dry your tent? Any other suggestions?

Step 1, go to the basement, hang / turn on, there is a heater in it. After 24 hours of shower, no heater is required in step 2, so just turn it on in the basement.

Heating will promote the growth of mold and mold. The best way is to dry it and then wipe off any dirt or debris with a soft brush.

Well, I don't know. I just assume it's the same as drying it in the sun, but in an artificial way. It may be difficult to dry it in the British climate .

Yes, I've been repairing water damage for more than 25 years, so I came across the misunderstanding of using heaters to dry things. Dehumidifier will be ideal. In addition, it only needs ordinary fan to dry.

Hang it for a few days and spread it out until it dries out

I have a Yarn Plus. If you live with in a mostly sunny dry climate like I do, the first thing I do when getting home from a camping trip is lay the tent out in the sun. then after a couple hours or so flip it. I have use mine through several rain and snow storms and have never ecperience any mold issues. You picked an excellent tent, good luck.