Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pros and cons on stainless steel tent stove and titanium tent stove

Hope you can help me, and this thread can also help others. All the best.

If you are a hiker, don't hesitate, choose titanium stove. The biggest difference of stainless stoves and titanium stoves is weight.

Titanium stoves are costlier, lightweighter, strong but may deform in varying degrees.
Stainless steel stoves are cheaper, heavier, stouter.
Iron stoves are the cheapest. But they rust easily, so their service life is limited.
I have both stainless steel and titanium stove. When camping by car, I will carry stainless steel one, otherwise, I like my titanium stove.

Have used my stainless steel stove for more than 8 years. Seems all parts are still work well. But I'm considering to get a new titanium stove, as I started backpacking several months ago.

(12-02-2020, 09:21 PM)Bushcraftman Wrote:  Titanium stoves are costlier, lightweighter, strong but may deform in varying degrees.
Stainless steel stoves are cheaper, heavier, stouter.
Iron stoves are the cheapest. But they rust easily, so their service life is limited.
I have both stainless steel and titanium stove. When camping by car, I will carry stainless steel one, otherwise, I like my titanium stove.
Titanium stove deformation is inevitable. It's just a matter of the degree of deformation.