Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pomoly VS Luxe VS SeekOutside, Customer Reviews

I want to buy a tent recently. But there are so many tent brands that I don't know how to choose! Have you ever purchased pomoly, luxe and seekoutside. Can you give me some advice?

(01-26-2022, 03:39 AM)jasmin Wrote:  I want to buy a tent recently. But there are so many tent brands that I don't know how to choose! Have you ever purchased pomoly, luxe and seekoutside. Can you give me some advice?

I'm not defending Luxe but I emailed their warranty email and had a reply in less than 2 days.[/font][/size][/color]

(01-26-2022, 03:39 AM)jasmin Wrote:  I want to buy a tent recently. But there are so many tent brands that I don't know how to choose! Have you ever purchased pomoly, luxe and seekoutside. Can you give me some advice?

I ordered SeekOutside tent and stove.. I had no problem getting it.[/font][/size][/color]

I just ordered another Octopeak Friday.

I ordered the 3W titanium stove from them (Luxe) 16 days ago. They debited my account the same day. I received an email confirmation that my order was received and would ship ASAP. The stove showed in stock on their website the day I ordered it and has shown in stock ever since. I have made repeated attempts via email, Facebook and Twitter to inquire of the stock and shipment status of my order and have thus far received only the auto generated emails in response. My wife ordered a tent pole for the MiniPeak XL 20 days ago and never received an email confirmation but her account was debited the day she ordered. It showed in stock and has shown in stock since she ordered. She has been trying to contact them as well, same as I have, but so far not response other than the same auto email. I have to say honestly the customer service from Luxe Hiking Gear in non existent, this is by far the worst company we have ever dealt with. I put a ton of research onto their products for over a year, but failed to research their customer service. Lesson learned. I would advise all to steer clear of Luxe, they are at best a bunch of clows and at worst a fraud.

SeekOutside same here. Ordered from their 50% off sale. Paid, yet unfulfilled. Emailed 3 times, no response, Instagram, no response. FB, no response. Messenger, no response. Called 3 times, no response.
This is why I switched to Pomoly last year. Much better customer service. Surprisingly, I did get my Mini Peak XL 2 weeks ago without issue.
I have heard they are going out of business. Does anyone know if that is true or not? Would explain the lack of dialogue with them.

I've used Pomoly tent about a week and am very happy so far.

Is there anything for me to complain about would be just Seeoutside pegs. If you were camping out in the winter they might be okay going into harder ground however they've bend easy and generally don't hold very well. They should have sent pegs more like ones you would see for ice that screw into the ground with a loop on the top to attach to. Sure it might sacrifice some weight but would be much more functionally sound with any service you're trying to peg to.

Luxe didn't reply to customers emails recently. Seems strange.

I have a brand new LUXE Minipeak XL. I can ship it out Priority to someone who needs a tent, but does not want to wait for 2-3 weeks to get one.